STEP ONE – NOMINATION PHASE
Nominations open on January 29 and will close on March 30, 2018. Nominate here during this period.
Nominees must be 35 years of age or less (as at 1 July 2018) and demonstrate:
- Your commitment to the cotton industry and how your personal and/or work-related achievements have made a positive contribution to the industry
- Articulate your vision for the future of the Australian cotton industry (in say, 5-10 years)
- Describe your potential role in helping the industry to realise your vision
- Completed Entry Form
- Written entry addressing each award criteria and additional supporting information
- At least one high quality digital image of nominee
STEP TWO – INTERVIEW PHASE
All nominations are assessed based on the written information provided during step one by the judging panel. The judging panel then meets to identify the three finalists during May. Those nominees that do not make the Finalist list are contacted in May.
The 2018 judging panel:
- Chair of the Young Achiever Panel – Barb Grey (Cotton Australia)
- CRDC Representative – Ruth Redfern
- 2017 Young Achiever of the Year – Fiona Norrie
- Representative from ADAMA – TBA
- Chris Lehmann Trust Representative – Steve Madden
The three finalists are then invited to participate in individual teleconference interviews with the judging panel, in April. From this interview the judging panel makes a determination on the recipient which is then announced at the Awards Dinner. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified in April.
STEP THREE – RECIPIENTS ANNOUNCEMENT
The three finalists are invited to attend the Cotton Awards Industry Dinner to be held on the Gold Coast on August 9. They and their partner will be hosted by the sponsor of their category where the recipient will be announced, come onto stage to receive their award and make a two minute acceptance speech. During the Cotton Conference all finalists will take part in the Finalists Forum where they are asked questions about their nomination.
What are the rewards?
Whilst recognition for your hard work is always the best reward, the Cotton Industry Awards also provide other benefits to recipients:
- every recipient receives a trophy and goes onto the Industry Honour Role
- each category recipient goes on to be on the judging panel for the next year
- every finalist will receive two free tickets to attend the Awards Dinner hosted by the category sponsor
- each category recipient will receive $2,000 cash to spend how they like
What do I do next?
- Ensure you are familiar with the criteria and the supporting materials you require to make a nomination.
- Speak to your nominee/s and enlist their help in developing the responses to the criteria and the supporting materials required.
- Collect at least one high quality digital photo of the nominee/s.
- Have all your nomination information ready and complete the on-line nomination form in one sitting (you cannot return to a partly completed nomination).
- Nominate here.
CLOSING DATE: March 30, 2018