IPF Service to Industry Award
The purpose of this page is to provide more detailed information about the selection process for finalists in the Australian Cotton Industry Awards for 2017.
Nominations are now open and will close on the 24th of March, 2017. Nominate during that period here.
Information provided in the nomination process included:
- Properly completed nomination form
- A digital image of the nominee
The Criteria is:
Nominees must have:
- Provided exceptional service and shown significant commitment to the Australian Cotton Industry
- Achieved a positive impact on the Australian Cotton Industry
- Contributed a legacy for the industry’s ‘greater good’
Who Can Nominate:
In this category people are nominated by someone else. This person should meet the criteria above.
Once the nominations have been received the nominees are narrowed down to a single recipient – there are no finalists for this award category. A judging panel will meet to determine the recipient. Nominators may be required to submit further information (confidentially) about the nominee to assist in this process.
The recipient is secretly invited to attend the Cotton Awards Dinner to be held in Griffith on 26th July. The recipient of the category will not be known until it is announced at the dinner.
What are the rewards?
The Service to Industry Award is different to the other Australian Cotton Industry Awards in that the recipient is simply encouraged to attend the awards dinner and is surprised with the announcement on the night.
- Receive a trophy
- Take part in the judging panel for the next year
- Receive $2,000 cash to spend how they like
What do I do next?
- Ensure you are familiar with the criteria and the supporting materials you require to make a nomination.
- Developing the responses to the criteria and the supporting materials required. Remember this is a confidential nomination so do not speak to your nominee about it.
- Collect at least one high quality digital photo of the nominee/s.
- Have all your nomination information ready and complete the on-line nomination form in one sitting (you cannot return to a partly completed nomination).
- Nominate here.
CLOSING DATE: March 24th, 2017