STEP ONE – NOMINATIONS PHASE
Nominations are now open and will close on March 24, 2017. Nominate here during the nomination period.
The Criteria is:
Nominees can be an individual or team from the government, not-for-profit or private sectors and must:
- Demonstrate how their research, development or extension has had a positive impact on and/or had beneficial outcomes for the Australian cotton Industry
- Demonstrate personal or team commitment to the cotton industry research, development and/or delivery
- AND have contributed overall service to cotton industry, research and/or delivery
Please note; how the Research Bursary will be used is not part of the judging criteria and will only be requested when the Researcher of the Year is announced.
- Completed entry form
- Written entry addressing each of the award criteria and additional supporting information
- Whether or not it is a confidential nomination
- Who is the key contact where the nomination is for more than one person
- At least one digital image of the nominee/s
STEP TWO – INTERVIEW PHASE
Nominations are assessed based on the written information provided during step one by the judging panel. The judging panel then meets to assess the written nominations in April. In some years the judging panel MAY choose to interview nominees face to face (at their discretion) or they may seek further details from the nominator.
The 2017 judging panel:
Cotton Australia – Dr Nicola Cottee
CSD Representative – Philip Armytage
2016 Recipient – Dr Guy Roth
Cotton Innovation Network Representative – Cleave Rogan
The judging panel makes a determination on the recipient/s which is/are then announced at the Awards Dinner.
STEP THREE – RECIPIENTS ANNOUNCEMENTS
The three finalists are invited to attend the Cotton Awards Industry Dinner to be held in Griffith on 26th of July. They and their partner will be hosted by the sponsor of their category where the Recipient will be announced, come onto stage to receive their Award and make a two minute acceptance speech. During the Cotton Conference all Finalists will take part in the Finalists Forum where they are asked questions about their nomination.
What are the rewards?
Whilst recognition for your hard work is always the best reward, the Cotton Industry Awards also provide other benefits to recipients:
- every recipient receives a trophy and goes onto the Industry Honour Role
- each category recipient goes on to be on the judging panel for the next year, assessing nominees for the 2018 Award
- every finalist will receive two free tickets to attend the Awards Dinner, hosted by the category sponsor
- each category recipient will receive $2,000 cash to spend how they like
- Researcher of the Year will receive an extra $3,500 bursary towards travel or a project and is required to provide a brief outline of how the bursary will be used.
- Researcher of the Year is nominated for the International Cotton Researcher of the Year
What do I do next?
- Ensure you are familiar with the criteria and the supporting materials you require to make a nomination.
- When nominations are not confidential* speak to your nominee/s and enlist their help in developing the responses to the criteria and the supporting materials required.
- Collect at least one high quality digital photo of the nominee/s.
- Have all your nomination information ready and complete the on-line nomination form in one sitting (you cannot return to a partly completed nomination).
- Nominate here.
CLOSING DATE: 24th March, 2017
* Some Researcher of the Year category nominations are confidential.