The Australian Cotton Industry Awards are a celebration of excellence, innovation and leadership in the Australian cotton industry.
2018 AUSTRALIAN COTTON INDUSTRY AWARDS CELEBRATE EXCELLENCE
More than 1000 cotton growers and industry representatives gathered on the Gold Coast tonight to celebrate the recipients of the 2018 Australian Cotton Industry Awards.
The Awards program recognises excellence and achievement in Australia’s cotton industry throughout the supply chain, from growers and ginners to product suppliers, consultants, agronomists and researchers.
The 2018 Australian Cotton Industry Awards recipients are:
- Monsanto Grower of the Year: Brett Corish, Corish Management Pty Ltd, ‘Mundine’, Goondiwindi, QLD
- AgriRisk High Achiever of the Year: Bernie Bierhoff, Farm Manager at Avondale Ag, Rowena, NSW
- ADAMA Chris Lehmann Trust Young Cotton Achiever of the Year: William Back, Auscott Ltd, Narrabri, NSW
- Cotton Seed Distributors Researcher of the Year: Dr Joseph Foley, Dr Malcolm Gillies and Dr Alison McCarthy, University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, QLD
- IPF Service to Industry Award: David Montgomery, Moree, NSW
Cotton Australia CEO Adam Kay says each of the award recipients excelled in their field.
“The one thing all the recipients have in common is that they are constantly testing the boundaries of what can be achieved in their respective fields,” Mr Kay says.
“Whether it’s making improvements to sustainability and water efficiency on farm, delivering crucial new research to farmers, making outstanding contributions to industry or leading the next generation of cotton growers – they’re all making significant advancements.”
“The Australian Cotton Industry Awards are an important way of showcasing those who are achieving great things, and also a way of discovering new ambassadors for the industry.”
“It was an extremely strong field of finalists and I congratulate them all.”
Mr Kay says the Awards dinner was a huge success, bringing together growers and industry representatives from all corners of Australia’s cotton-growing valleys.
Sponsors of this year’s Awards were Monsanto, AgriRisk, ADAMA, Cotton Seed Distributors and IPF.
Cotton Australia is the peak representative body for Australia’s cotton growing industry.
Cotton Australia media contacts:
CEO, Cotton Australia
Communications Officer, Cotton Australia